Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sylvie


Here is my final master piece in my majors class. I made many cylinders, of different shapes, sizes and colours. I placed them all on sand and broke some cylinders and buried them in the sand. The sand symbolizes New Brunswick, which is where my roots are. The cylinders are a representation on my family members and the broken ones are the loved ones that have left this world. Over all, this piece is all about my family. I tried to make them all similar tones of colours, like pale yellow, teal, celadon and a pop of colour, red. The red vases representes the black sheep of the family.
I threw all the cylinders on the pottery wheel and the very tall ones, I made two cylinders and put them together. The tallest cylinders represent the anchors of my family, my grandmother from my mother's side of the family and my grandfather from my dad's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment